Could you please explain why you had to cancel your SRD Grant and why you would like to reinstate it? To get started, follow these steps.
R350 SRD grants may be canceled if you no longer need the grant as a result of changing your employment status.
Your R350 grant application may have to be resubmitted if you lose your source of income due to changing circumstances. According to Sassa, you should follow the following steps.
You can reinstate your Covid-19 SRD Grant by following these steps:
- Go to https://srd.sassa.gov.za for more information
- Your cancelled application can be reinstated by clicking on the ‘Reinstate my cancelled application’ link.
- Enter your ID and mobile number, then click on send pin
- We will send you a One Time Pin number by SMS
- The OTP needs to be entered in order to be verified
- Restoring an account is possible for the following reasons: Account was canceled in error, Income was no longer available, Other
- If you choose to reinstate the grant, a message will ask if you are sure.
- Reinstatement can be continued by clicking YES.
If you need more information, please call Sassa’s toll-free helpline at 0800 601 011.
How long does the SRD grant reinstatement process take?
Your request will usually be processed and reinstated within a few weeks, but it may take a little longer.
Can I apply for a new SRD grant if mine was discontinued?
Providing you still meet the eligibility criteria, you may reapply for the SRD grant if your previous application was discontinued.
What documents are needed for SRD grant reinstatement?
During the reinstatement process, you may be required to submit additional documentation, such as proof of income changes and identification documents.
Is legal action taken against fraudulent SRD grant applicants?
Fraudulent activities relating to SRD grants could result in prosecution, fines, and imprisonment.
Can I appeal a decision to discontinue my SRD grant?
In the event that your application for a SRD grant has been denied, you are entitled to appeal the decision. The authorities will handle your case in accordance with their appeals process.
To regain financial support during these difficult times, you must reinstate your COVID-19 SRD grant. Follow the steps outlined in this guide and cooperate with the authorities to increase your chances of successfully reinstating your grant.