In total, over 48% of SASSA Gold Card recipients receive their monthly payments through Cash Pay points, retailers, SAPO Branches, and ATM machines to which the SASSA Gold Card is linked. To continue receiving your funds, ensure your SASSA Card is renewed before its validity expires or is close to its expiration date.
With our assistance, you will be able to renew your SASSA Card online in no time. The SASSA Postbank Gold Card expired in December 2023 but Dr Bongani Diaco, a Post Bank representative, assures you that you will continue to receive grant money until the end of that year.
SASSA Card Renewal
There is no online platform for SASSA card renewal currently available through the South African Post Bank, which issues the SASSA Gold Card. The process of renewing your Post Bank card requires you to visit a local branch in person. Below are the steps you need to follow in order to complete this procedure.
- Find a branch of the South African Postbank Office near you.
- Whether your SASSA card is active or expired, bring it along with a valid form of identification (e.g. ID book, smart card).
- If you are renewing your SASSA card, inform the Post Bank officials.
- The renewal process will be guided by them and they will assist you with the necessary paperwork.
- A form with the requested information will be handed to you.
- You will receive your new SASSA Card after submitting your SASSA Card Renewal form.
- You will receive notification from the Post Bank that you need to collect your SASSA card from the Post Office (SAPO).
- Now that you have received your new card, you can activate it using the instructions provided and protect your card and PIN so that you can maintain your account security.
Once you have renewed your SASSA card, you can withdraw money from ATMs, deposit it to your bank account, shop at retail stores, or contact your local SAPO post office to access your grant money. Update your banking details with Change Banking Details SASSA if necessary to switch your payment method.
Important Notice: SASSA cards that have expired until December 31 are still valid according to Postbank. To ensure that beneficiaries continue receiving their grants without interruption, this extension was instituted in order to prevent any delays or problems.