As a needy citizen, you can apply online for a R350 grant to receive funds in a timely manner. Unemployed individuals, refugees, and those with no sources of income receive SRD grants from the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA).
SASSA R350 Grants are only available to those between the ages of 18 and 59, with no other sources of income, and without having received any previous social grants from SASSA. Applicants who meet these requirements can apply for SRD grants by following the steps below.
SASSA R350 Grant Application
If you wish to apply online for an SRD Grant, you must have a South African ID card, Green Identity book, Asylum permit with a valid File Number or Special Residency Permit with a Passport, along with your name and registered cell phone number.
- If you are interested in applying for a R350 grant, you can do so through the SRD portal.
- By clicking on the “Send SMS” button, you will be able to send a text message to your cell phone number.
- An OTP number will be sent to you in the message.
- Click the “Verify Pin” button after entering the OPT number.
- Please agree to the Terms and Conditions for Declarations and Consent Documents.
- An ID number can be provided by South African ID holders while a special permit can be entered by others
- File Number.
- The details you provide should include your name, surname, address, and gender.
- Select “Send Cash” as your payment option or provide your bank details (Bank Name, Branch, Account Type, and Number).
- Accept the terms and conditions and submit your payment option.
- You will need to wait for SASSA to verify your personal and financial details in the Department of Home Affairs database.
- Your Sassa confirmation message will soon appear on your phone confirming your SRD R350 grant has been approved.
- Asylum Seekers and Special Permit holders will get a Payment ID to collect payment at Pick ‘n Pay. Holders of Special Permits and Asylum Seekers will receive a Payment ID at Pick n Pay for payment collection.
SRD Status Check Online should be performed after SASSA R350 application has been successfully submitted.
Check SASSA SRD R350 Grant Application Status
Using these steps, you can find out if your SASSA R350 application has been approved.
- Please visit sassacheck.com to check SASSA R350 Status
- On the homepage of the website, you will find information about the SRD R350 Grant.
- To check the status of the application, click ‘Check Application Status’.
- Upon logging in, you will be required to enter your ID number and cell phone number.
- To check the status of your application, submit the form after entering your details.
- R350 grant applications will be listed in the system based on their current status.
If your application has been approved, pending, or declined, you can find the details on your Application ID on the website’s homepage.
Important Note for SASSA SRD Grant Applicants
You can ensure approval of your application by following these steps.
- In the event that your online application for the SRD R350 has been declined or you have not received your Payment ID, it is possible that you have exceeded the income eligibility criteria or provided incorrect personal information, incorrect mobile numbers, inaccurate employment information, or incorrect banking information. The application may be rejected if these issues do not meet the requirements.
- Your only option if your application has been declined or failed is to reapply for a SASSA R350 grant. As a result, you will have another opportunity to receive the grant from the South African national authorities if they reconsider your approval.